[ltp] Re: tp_smapi 0.34 and hdaps

Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:44:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Shem Multinymous <multinymous <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Evgeni,On Jan 19, 2008 1:48 PM, Evgeni Golov <sargentd <at> die-welt.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:25:13 +0100 kionez wrote:[ patching tp_smapi with
Shem's patch + commenting out "return -EIO"seems to solve the issue ]After
several reports of T61 and R61 users, that the above "fix" is
> good, what are the plans regarding tp_smapi?Will a new version be out soon, or
should distributions patch theirtp_smapi sources on their own?

> I'll release a fix when I get more data on what's going on.  So far I got just
one dmesg debug output, which is not enough to go by.
>   Shem

I have some contact with Evgenibecause of tp-smapi and he asked me to post the
output of tp-smapi (0.34) with the patch that was already postet.
Here you have it:
------------- %< -------------------
thinkpad_ec: thinkpad_ec 0.34 loaded.
tp_smapi 0.34 loading...
tp_smapi successfully loaded (smapi_port=0xb2).
hdaps: LENOVO ThinkPad T61 detected, setting orientation 1
hdaps: initial mode latch is 0x05
bad hdaps_check_ec reply 0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00<7>hdaps: setting ec_rate=250,
filter_order=2
hdaps: fake_data_mode set to 0
hdaps: device successfully initialized.
input: ThinkPad HDAPS joystick emulation as /class/input/input11
input: ThinkPad HDAPS accelerometer data as /class/input/input12
hdaps: driver successfully loaded.

Greats Alex