[ltp] No /proc/acpi/ibm/bay on T60

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:54:21 -0500

>> I recently had to hotswap my CDROM and ultrabay battery and looked
>> desprately for /proc/acpi/ibm/bay to no avail.

> It does not support the T60, unless you patch it (the patch would break the
> T43 and a few others).

> OTOH, the kernel generic ACPI BAY code should work fine with the cdrom (and
> it will ignore the battery, but you can tell the firmware which battery to
> draw using tp_smapi, so it is easy to work around until that is fixed.  And
> I believe it is already fixed in acpi-test).

Great.  Now all I need to is to get ata-piix working.
The thinkwiki page only talks about how to prevent piix from being
loaded, and I got that fine (just adding blacklist entries for `piix',
`ide_core' and `generic' seems to do the trick), but now loading
ata-piix doesn't do anything (no dmesg output at all) and the cdrom
doesn't show up at all.
Any hint?

        Stefan