[ltp] No /proc/acpi/ibm/bay on T60

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:11:59 -0500

>> > It does not support the T60, unless you patch it (the patch would break the
>> > T43 and a few others).
>>
>> > OTOH, the kernel generic ACPI BAY code should work fine with the cdrom (and
>> > it will ignore the battery, but you can tell the firmware which battery to
>> > draw using tp_smapi, so it is easy to work around until that is fixed.  And
>> > I believe it is already fixed in acpi-test).
>>
>> Great.  Now all I need to is to get ata-piix working.
>> The thinkwiki page only talks about how to prevent piix from being
>> loaded, and I got that fine (just adding blacklist entries for `piix',
>> `ide_core' and `generic' seems to do the trick), but now loading
>> ata-piix doesn't do anything (no dmesg output at all) and the cdrom
>> doesn't show up at all.
>> Any hint?

> You need scsi disk and scsi cdrom support.  Add in scsi generic support as
> well for cd/dvd-writing.

Hmm... thanks.  So now I booted without `piix', `ide_core', and `generic',
and then I did

   modprobe ata_piix
   modprobe sr_mod
   modprobe sg

(the sd_mod module was already loaded for the internal SATA drive), but
I get from it is a /dev/sg0, but no cdrom device.  Dmesg only says:

  sd 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0

switching apa_piix and sr_mod makes no difference: neitherrr module seem
to have any effect at all (nothing in dmesg, etc... the only visible
difference is the lsmod output).

        Stefan