[ltp] xbacklight: No outputs have backlight property

Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:49:57 +0200

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 11:19:25AM +0100, Qiuye Wang wrote:
> I was trying to turn the brightness of my (native) screen on T60 with
> xbacklight. But I kept getting the message ``No outputs have backlight
> property''. I've changed the driver of my x1400 to vesa and fglrx, but
> xbacklight behaves the same. I'm wondering if this is a driver or
> Thinkpad or xbacklight issue.=20

It is a driver issue.  The vesa and fglrx drivers simply do not support
backlight setting.

You may get better results from the radeon driver, assuming it works on
your x1400.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Funny, I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with a statement
containing both "lambda" and "more readable" ;^)
	-- Casey Duncan

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR--