[ltp] T61 brightness/volume

Fri, 25 Jan 2008 03:52:57 +0200

--ZoaI/ZTpAVc4A5k6

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 02:45:48PM -0800, Alan Wood wrote:
> I've been perusing the list for a couple of months now for help with=20
> lingering issues with my Thinkpad T61 (14" widescreen, Intel GMA).  I jus=
t=20
> upgraded from BIOS 1.26 to 2.07 but that seemed to have no effect.
<...>
> I read the kernel thread=20
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/591037/focus=3D591045
> for insight but did't find anything much agreed upon.
> wondering what the status was on these things.  are we just waiting on=20
> fixes from Lenovo?  are there workarounds that make these things work=20
> correctly (say, capturing acpi events?).  is there something I'm missing?

I've got a 15" widescreen T61 (intel GMA) with the same BIOS version.
Volume and brightness buttons work fine on Ubuntu 7.10, so it's possible
to achieve without waiting for Lenovo.  Although Ubuntu probably did
some dirty hacks (abusing key events as notifications for button
presses) to make it work.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
This host is a black hole at HTTP wavelengths. GETs go in, and nothing
comes out, not even Hawking radiation.
                -- Graaagh the Mighty on rec.games.roguelike.angband

--ZoaI/ZTpAVc4A5k6

--ZoaI/ZTpAVc4A5k6--