[ltp] Re: Numlock and Capslock leds on T43

S. Vater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:43:03 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2008 schrieb Evgeni Golov:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:12:59 +0100 S. Vater wrote:
> > I do not know when it started. But since some weeks, the leds for
> > Numlock and Capslock do not work any more. The keys however, work
> > fine. Before, everything worked out of the box, so I did not care
> > about that up to now.
>
> Do you use xserver 1.4.0? If so, it's a bug there, ignore it, until
> 1.4.1 is out.

Thanks for the hints! It really seems to depend on the xsever, since the
leds work when I switch to a console. And after my update from 1.4.0 to
the prerelease 1.4.0.90 it works fine for an externel keyboard. To get
the Numlock work on my laptop keyboard, it seems that I have to add the
entry "keycode 77 = Num_Lock" into my .Xmodmap file (as Carlos pointed
out).

Regards,
Stefan