[ltp] x61s suspend problem

Ashok Leyland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:12:34 +0000

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 01:27:35PM -0500, Vincent C Jones wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 16:22 +0000, Ashok Leyland wrote:
[snip]
> > FWIW, 'kernel/acpi_video_flags = 3' in /etc/sysctl.conf is equivalent to
> > 'acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode' on the kernel command line.
> >
> > I'm not using 'acpi_osi="Linux"' - should I be?
> >
> > X61s running 2.6.24, using the in-kernel thinkpad-acpi.
>
> FYI: Since the X61 and X61s seem to have a lot in common, and I just
> went through two days getting 2.6.24 to work correctly on my X61,
> thought you might benefit from my results.

Thanks

> In particular, the default
> for "acpi_osi" changed between 2.6.22 and 2.6.24 so you now need to
> explicitly ask for it rather than getting it by default and on my 7675
> X61, you need it, along with several other options.
>
> Suspend/resume works from text console & X using S2RAM_OPTS="-f -a 3"

'echo mem > /sys/power/state' seems to work fine here for suspend/resume

> Linux is SuSE 10.3 using SuSE "kernel-default-2.6.24-32.1" with disk
> protect and tp_smapi patches.

> X61:~ # s2ram -i
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "LENOVO"
>     sys_product  = "7675CTO"
>     sys_version  = "ThinkPad X61"
>     bios_version = "7NET30WW (1.11 )"
> See http://suspend.sf.net/s2ram-support.html for details.
>
> If you report a problem, please include the complete output above.
> X61:~ #
>
> Note that the following additional kernel options are also needed:
>   pci=routeirq
>   irqfixup

do these get rid of the "IRQ NN: nobody cared" problem?

>   acpi_osi=Linux
> The first two to get the right side USB ports and SD card slots to work,

> the last to get resume & hibernate to work.

both seem to work fine here without this one - do you know whether this
(or the two above) can be set by means of procfs or sysfs?

Manufacturer: LENOVO
Product Name: 7668CTO
Version: ThinkPad X61s
Version: 7NET29WW (1.10 )