[ltp] T43p, xf86-video-ati driver, compiz and ubuntu 7.10 freezing.

Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:55:51 -0500

On Jan 29, 2008 10:46 AM, Raanan Manor <raanan@opcat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the ati driver from the git sources for a long time (xrandr
> is great) , lately (in the last few weeks) after rebuilding from the
> source and starting compiz in ubuntu 7.10 the system halts after a few
> minuets of operation. This did not happened before.
>
> Ubuntu is completely halted and screen is frozen only a power-down takes
> it out from this. If compiz is not working then everything works OK.
>
> Can anyone help to identify why is this happening ?

Have you updated mesa or drm as well?  Can you find out which
component (mesa, drm, ddx) is causing the problem?  If you can, it
would be useful to isolate what commit is causing the problem using
git bisect.

Alex