[ltp] I choose a screen : R61i WSXGA or T61p WUXGA ? and others questions.

Francois Maltey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
29 Jan 2008 18:55:37 +0100

Hi,=20

I'll go to change my previous laptop because I get fuzzy errors arround
the wireless card. I fear to change the wireless card without effect
if the error is arround the PCI plug.

So I'm looking for a nice 15".n screen, and want to use ubuntu.  The
think-wiki doesn't show any impossible configuration even if there are
some tips to apply.

I hesitate between the=20
    the T61p WUXGA 3 year warranty at 2000 EUR=20
          (+ 150 EUR for a 4'th year warranty)
and the R61i WSXGA with 3 year warranty at 135O EUR.=20

I ignore how are theses screens compared to an old WUXGA flexview.

Can I compare the aspect of a t61 to a t42, and the r61 to the R50e ?

Do you let a windows partition on the laptop or not ?

Many thanks.

Francois, in France.

T61p :                               R61i :
TFT 15,4`` WUXGA 1920x1200           TFT 15,4=D3 WSXGA 1600x1024
Core 2 Duo T7500 2,2Ghz              Core 2 Duo T5250 1.50Ghz
DD 100GO SATA 7200Tpm                DD 160 Go SATA 5400Tpm
nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M 256Mo          nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M 128 Mo
Graveur DVD DL                       Graveur DVD double couche
2Go (2x1Go) PC2-5300 DDR2            RAM 1x2Go PC2-5300
Wifi Intel 4965AGN                   Wifi Intel 802.11a/g/n
Batterie 6 cel.                      Autonomie 5h/6 cell.
jusqu=D5=88 3,9h d`autonomie
Poids 2,6Kg
Garantie 3 ans retour atelier        Garantie 1 an retour atelier=20
Windows=A8 Vista Ultimate              Vista Professionnel Ed. 32
                                     WebCam int=8Egr=8Ee
                                     Bluetooth
                                     Lecteur cartes 4 en 1
                                     Lecteur d`empreinte digitale