[ltp] Question regarding VGA out T61

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 02:36:04 +0100

Sin Tzu schrieb:
> Hello,
> I have a problem with my VGA out that when i use it to play movies on my
> thirty something LCD TV, the color gets a bit distorted.
> The darker the movie the more green i see instead of black.
> Why is that? Is it the fact that the i use the same resolution for my thirty
> something inch LCD screen as my laptops monitor? (1024x768 this is the 14"
> non wide T61)
> Could it be some setting that can be adjusted with xrandr?

May be.

Not that I know much of it, but anyone answering would for sure like to know these details:

What graphics card do you have (Intel, NVidia ...)?
Which X driver do you use (Vesa, Intel, NVidia-glx-*, ...)?

How do you connect the LCD TV to your T61?
(TV-out, analog VGA, DVI, DVI-to-HDMI, ...)

For all except TV-out:
What is the native resolution of your LCD TV?
Have you checked your refresh rate against the LCD TV's specs?

Do DVDs or Videos or some other source play normally on your LCD TV?
(Preferrable something that uses the TV's same input as your T61)

Kind regards,

Christoph