[ltp] Playing overdrive audio books

Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:34:53 +0000

Ted wrote:

> I'm wondering if any one has got overdrive audio books playing on linux.
> Do I have to install windows media player on wine to play them?

If you've installed all the necessary codecs (from the universe
repository on ubuntu; plf on Mandriva), there's very little that can't
be played by  mplayer, or vlc.  Try those first.

If DRM is involved, you'll have to try Windows media player/wine - then
use the "rec" program (part of sox), and the right mixer settings
(gnome-alsamixer) to capture the result to .mp3.

Regards,

Richard