[ltp] Playing overdrive audio books

Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:24:35 +0000

Ted wrote:
> Thanks Richard
>
> This is awesome information for me to start.
>
> It is DRM, so could you point me to any wiki/how tos to do the "rec"
> program from Windows media player?
>
> Appreciate it so much
>
> -tg-

Dear Ted,

Glad that's useful. If it's DRM, you probably have to use WMP/wine.
(though do google to see if anyone has written a DRM-removing utility
such as fairuse4wm). The hard part is getting it to play through the
speakers using WMP - hopefully it will work in wine; if not, you might
have to virtualise windowsin qemu.

After that, you know that the unencrypted stream is going to the mixer
in Linux. So you should just be able to set the capture device to be the
main output (some sort of loopback), or even make wine output directly
to file.

The rec program is quite useful, but audacity may be easier for you.

Best wishes,

Richard