[ltp] X60 - (bad) experience, others?

Damien Challet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:15:17 +0100

It is really nice machine, BUT the palm rest is really burning hot with Linux,
even with wifi drivers unloaded, rfkill, etc. That is the only problem.

Some report that the models with WLAN have a supplementary fan, so until Intel
manages somehow to produce a driver that does not engrave the fingerprint
reader into my palm, I was wondering if unplugging the wifi card would be
accepted by the booting process, or if I should buy and install a
supplementary fan.

On an other note, what is you cpu idle temps while on AC? I only once managed
to go down to 37-38C with the C4onC3_en trick and kernel 2.6.24 (setpci -s
00:1f.0 a0.w=a8) (warning, potentially dangerous), but it seems that 44-46C
is far more frequent.