[ltp] /proc/acpi/ibm/bay gone with ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.19-20080107/2.6.24

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 23:21:38 +1100

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 07:43:44AM +0100, Joerg Platte wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> > > kernel: ACPI: \_SB_.PCI0.IDE0.PRIM.MSTR: found ejectable bay
> > > kernel: ACPI: \_SB_.PCI0.IDE0.PRIM.MSTR: Adding notify handler
> > > kernel: ACPI: Error installing bay notify handler
> > > kernel: ACPI: Bay [\_SB_.PCI0.IDE0.PRIM.MSTR] Added
> >
> > Ah, those are from ACPI bay, not thinkpad-acpi.  Looks like ACPI bay in
> > 2.6.24 is buggy.  Try to *boot* without loading thinkpad-acpi at all, and
> > load bay.  If it works, we have a bug in the exit path of thinkpad-acpi.
> > Otherwise, we have a bug in ACPI bay, in which case you need to file a bug
> > in bugzilla.kernel.org (file the info in the bug report *without* ever
>
> I had a similar problem with 2.6.23 and thinkpad_acpi before I loaded
> thinkpad_acpi before most other modules (including libata). Is it possible
> that libata, which now has been extended to make use of ACPI, causes this?

mmmh libata is built in my kernel (I don't use initrd), and
thinkpad_acpi is module only, so that will be a bit hard for me to try.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/