[ltp] OpenSUSE 11.0 locks up

Takis Diakoumis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:41:16 +1000

Hi

i think i may have experienced a similar thing (Nathaniel's mention of
the networking thing prompted me) on my T61. i run debian testing with a
custom vanilla kernel - its happened since 2.6.22.x kernels i think. (i
also think i've reported this on this list to no avail some months ago).
i currently have 2.6.25.7.

this has happened a fair bit in the past. at times when i expect it to
happen, i have switched to a terminal and the most consistent part of
the dump has been around the following: smp.c:209

thats about all i have. after experimenting though, i have found that
having the wireless on with a network cable also plugged in was a sure
way to replicate the problem. this doesn't happen everywhere but ALWAYS
from home where my machine recognises my access point (this is the only
'guess' of what might be happening that i can come up with). it just
dies. the other thing i notice is the caps-lock button flashing.

i have no solution except to set the wireless switch to off when
connected via cable from noticed trouble spots.

Takis