[ltp] Smartcard reader in pccard-slot

Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:07:13 -0500 (CDT)

> One-liner: Do you know of a smartcard reader that comes as a PC-card?
> (Must be supported by libopensc2 and gpgsc.)

SanDisk made a PCMCIA 6-in-1 card reader. Works for me with SD and MS
cards, and even MS PRO that my Sony camera uses. You can find them online,
some new, some used.

It will work with devices up to 1GB only, as SanDisk tech support let me
know when I tried to use a 2GB SanDisk SD card in it. (Linux [and Windows
for that matter] read it as a 1GB drive formatted to 2GB and got very
confused. It would use the first 1GB just fine, though.)

I don't think SanDisk still makes that reader, and I don't think anyone
makes one now, and I haven't found one that says it works with SDHC cards,
but I could be wrong.

Chris