[ltp] Issue in ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.21-20080629

Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:40:12 -0300

(diverting thread to ibm-acpi-devel...)

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008, kionez wrote:
> Today I've upgrade my kernel to 2.6.25-tuxonice-r6 ( i hate this way to
> name kernel version, i suppose is 2.6.25.6)

[...]

> thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.21-20080629
> thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
> thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 7LETB7WW (2.17 ), EC 7KHT24WW-1.08
> thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo ThinkPad T61, model 766418G
> thinkpad_acpi: radio switch found; radios are disabled
> thinkpad_acpi: failed to register tpacpi_bluetooth_sw rfkill switch: -1

[...]

Please compile the driver with CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_DEBUG enabled, and load
it with the debug=0xffff parameter.  Send me the output.

> Is there a module parameter (i read the
> Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt without founding anything) that
> tells to ignore the switch status? Or is a known issue?

No, there isn't.  You can't ignore the switch status, so it is a bug.  And
not a known issue either, let's track down and fix it :)

  Henrique Holschuh