[ltp] ThinkV launched

Mon, 7 Jul 2008 23:43:12 +0200

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 15:21:04 +0200, Viktor Nagy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've started developing a small app to get the most out of my ThinkPad
> T61. It might be useful for other thinkpad models as well.
>
> For the moment it doesn't know much, but still, you can find it at
> http://code.google.com/p/thinkv/
>
> If you would like to contribute, just drop me a mail, and I'll add you
> to the members' list. Of course, besides patches, ideas are welcome as
> well.

(Planned) Features

    * Toggle touchpad (works)
    * Battery settings: start/stop charge thresholds, power-saving by
      removing modules, etc

I think there should be a more generic approach, to support other
notebooks that can configure such things, too.

    * Shortcuts for applications

Isn't this already handled by the desktop environment/window manager?
It would be better to make sure that the Xorg keyboard configuration
does know about all the special thinkpad keys, e.g. map volume up and
down buttons to XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioLowerVolume. This
way, such special keys can be handled in a generic way by the desktop
environment/window manager and no special tools need to be created.

Regards,
Tino