[ltp] ThinkV launched

Tue, 8 Jul 2008 06:31:06 +0200

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 00:48:16 +0200, Michael Gaber wrote:

[...]

> well, at least here on my T60 and R50p these buttons are implemented in
> hardware, so they shouldn't generate these key-events, otherwise you'd
> have 2 volumen changes at once which is not what you want.

On my X61s, LCD brightness, volume up/down and mute seem to be
implemented in software. Currently, I use input events for them, but
I'd prefer a more lightweight solution (from the users point of view),
like a pure kernel solution that works independent from X logins and
input focus (in my setup, the keys don't work in OpenGL games because
the take away the input focus from the desktop environment). I don't
know if this is easy to achieve, though.

Regards,
Tino