[ltp] T21 cpufreq problems

Dave Wood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:57:33 +0100

I've been trying to get ondemand working as a cpu governor. dmesg shows

ondemand governor failed, too long transition latency of HW, fallback to
performance governor

Same problem with everything except userspace and performance.

I've scoured the net looking for a solution but found nothing so far.

lsmod:

speedstep_smi           5616  0
speedstep_lib           5188  1 speedstep_smi
cpufreq_conservative     5696  0
cpufreq_powersave       1440  0
cpufreq_userspace       3480  1

I also have used the /sbin/modprobe speedstep-lib relaxed_check=1
option to no avail.

Any ideas?

--
"There is nothing which cannot be answered by means of my doctrine,"
said a monk, coming into a teahouse where Nasrudin sat.  "And yet just