[ltp] T23 and eye strain

Tue, 15 Jul 2008 7:02:03 -0700

---- Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:=20
> * James Knott <james.knott@rogers.com> [2008 Jul 15 06:21 -0500]:
> > Nate Bargmann wrote:
> >> Thoughts are welcome.
> >>
> >> - Nate >>
> >>
> >>  =20
> >
> > It could be your eyes.  Try a pair of reading glasses.
>=20
> You may be quite right.  I've noticed that reading printed matter for a
> long period of time gives me a similar strain.  Sigh.

Back in the =E2=80=9C60=E2=80=9Ds when I started spending more than half of=
 my working hours in front of a terminal/crt I had two special eyeglasses m=
ade.
One set was optimized for (top) for distance and bottom for a three foot di=
stance.
The other pair was (top) three foot and bottom one foot.
This has worked very well for me and for many others after I suggested it a=
s a solution for their eyestrain, neck aches, and even severe back pain!.
The neck aches and back pain are often the result of staring at the screen =
through the lower bifocal.
The first time I had this done I even had to sign a waver that I would not =
hold the examiner libel for accidents if I was driving while using the 3 fo=
ot / 1 foot combination (dah).
Now the three foot setup is known as =E2=80=9Ccomputer glasses=E2=80=9D=20

>=20
> Getting older stinks, but I don't know of anyone going the other way!
It surely is much better that the alternative!