[ltp] T23 and eye strain

Frank Dekervel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 23:52:09 +0200

Hello,
> Is it really "easy" to replace the backlight in a ThinkPad?
> I looked at the hardware manual for my T43,
> and it sounded extremely difficult, at least by my standards

Replacing the backlight is not a supported procedure. The hardware
manual only describes how to remove the LCD screen (at least in my
case). After that you need to disassemble the LCD screen, which is more
or less described at lcdpart.com.

If you want to compare: i did it for a R51, and before that i never did
any soldering more difficult than replacing a broken connector of a cell
phone charger. And unscrewing: it takes a whole lot of time, but it's
described very well in the maintenance manual, ... (my experience with
"unscrewing" things is mostly replacing a fuse or something)

But if you are not experienced, then don't plan anything else that
afternoon ...

greetings,
Frank