[ltp] t61 with atheros wifi - prefered driver (madwifi - ath5k) and wifi led

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:12:33 +0200

--=-lULHB1QSyAYXfEFKXgir

Am Mittwoch, den 16.07.2008, 20:15 +0300 schrieb Micha:
> First, what wireless driver should I use? I tried ath5k which is supposed=
 to be
> the newer one as far as I understood. It recognized the card, showed it w=
ith
> iwconfig but iwlist doesn't see my wireless network. With madwifi I was a=
ble to
> connect at the moment.
I don't have a ThinkPad here, but a FSC laptop. For me ath5k never
worked on the PCI Express onboard chips, whereas on a PC Card (via PCI)
it works for my dad. Seems like ath5k in 2.6.26-rc9 (I know 2.6.26 is
out!) does not yet fully support PCIe, especially as no interrupts get
generated, so I stay at madwifi.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher

--=-lULHB1QSyAYXfEFKXgir