[ltp] t61 special keys wierd behaviour

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2008 02:26:59 +0300

I am having some issues configuring all the thinkpad special keys for some
reason (this is with t61 and debian unstable)

I compiled the kernel with the deprecated /proc/acpi/event interface (since
without it acpid didn't seem to be working).

With acpid running and the fn+f? keys work (suspend etc.) but the volume keys
don't work. If I disable acpid the volume keys start sending keyboard events
again but nothing else works. I tried polling with cat the acpi/event
interface and they don't produce any event. xev shows them as a focus event for
some reason. This worked with the same setup (xmodmap keymaps) with a different
(6 months older) t61 (still branded as IBM, this one is only lenovo if it
makes a difference).

Any ideas?
Thanks