[ltp] ExpressCard slot in X61s?

Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:36:33 -0300

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 06:12:59PM +0300, Micha wrote:
> > For t61 you can buy it with either
> >
> > PC Card Slot & Express Card Slot
> > or
> > PC Card Slot & Smart Card Slot
>
> I'm pretty sure all the 2nd is all about is you get a T61 with an
> Expresscard slot and one of these adaptors plugged into the Express
> Card slot:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Delkin-ExpressCard-34-Card-Adapter/dp/B000M5U8KU

Maybe not.  The Ricoh bridge chips used on ThinkPads have, traditionally,
implemented IEEE1394, MMC and sometimes SD card support, but it is often
left disabled (and without physical ports).

This happens, e.g., in the T43:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ricoh_R5C811

I don't know which chip is being used in the T61, but it could indeed be a
choice of the kind of connector and casing you get.

  Henrique Holschuh