[ltp] hotkey brightness problem

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:36:24 +0200

--=-9Ld6XsaqVq3gbZme14Tw

Am Montag, den 28.07.2008, 02:22 +0200 schrieb Riccardo Paterna:
> Hi List,
> i'm using gentoo with thinkpad-source i have some problem with
> brightness keys...
> If i use acpi_listen when i use the brightness key i don't see any signal
> I'm using the latest ibm-acpi extra driver and in my dmesg i see :
>=20
> thinkpad_acpi: Disabling thinkpad-acpi brightness events by default...
> thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo BIOS switched to ACPI backlight control mode
> thinkpad_acpi: standard ACPI backlight interface available, not loading
> native one...
> How i can fix this and have brightness keys working?
Just load video.ko (CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO), and the brightness keys should
work out of the box without any userspace or thinkpad specific stuff.
(Thats what "switched to ACPI backlight control" means) If you *did*
load video.ko, and still see no signal, hmh sould inspect your problem.
But first thing he will ask is whether you are on the current BIOS and
(most important!) what ThinkPad model you use.

Regards,
  MIchael Karcher

--=-9Ld6XsaqVq3gbZme14Tw

--=-9Ld6XsaqVq3gbZme14Tw--