[ltp] menu key generates NoSymbol?

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:48:27 +0300

I just realised that with my new installation the menu key (one of the windows
specific keys) is generating (xev output)

KeyRelease event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x4400001,
    root 0x13b, subw 0x0, time 44339898, (126,90), root:(877,536),
    state 0x0, keycode 227 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XFilterEvent returns: False

It worked with the previous installation and same xorg.conf. Any ideas?
keyboard at the moment is set as:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"                      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"                      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"                     "us,il"
        Option          "XkbVariant"                    ",lyx"
        Option          "XkbOptions"                    "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
EndSection

thanks