[ltp] New thinkpad models....just when you thought all the bugs had been worked out

Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:23:50 -0300

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> T400 display:
> WXGA(1280x800,98dpi,185+nit)
> WXGA+(1440x900,129dpi,200+nit)
> WXGA+W/lEDBacklight(1680x1050,129dpi,200+nit)
>
> Except 1280×800, this is nice, especially 1680×1050.
>
> T500 display:
> WXGA(1280x800,98dpi,185+nit)
> WSXGA+resolution(1680x1050,129dpi,200+nit)
> WXGAw/lEDBacklight(1280x800,98dpi,185+nit)
>
> This is kind of ridiculous. 12800×800 on a 15" laptop?? This is ok for
> low end laptops, not for thinkpads :)

We have long lost the extra high quality displays to the whims of the crap
laptop market (Lenovo volumes were not enough to resist the pressure from
the display vendors).  Although you CAN send in a flat pannel for 3rd-party
BrightView-III coating, it is expensive and violates your warranty.

Anything below 115 dpi really doesn't belong on a ThinkPad.  But oh well,
after the SL models, we know where the ThinkPad line is in high risk of
going, don't we?

  Henrique Holschuh