[ltp] Replacement disk for a T60

Robert T. West ("Tim") linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:10:31 -0400

Any heat problems with that?

I know some folks have fried SOME notebooks by substituting a 7200 rpm
drive where the cooling was designed for 5,400 rpm drive. I have no
clue how that applies to ThinkPads specifically.

Of course, it also sucks down the battery faster.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Daniel Castro <castromd@tcd.ie> wrote:
> Always go for the fastest (rpm) hdd you can get (7200 or 10000), it really
> improves performance.
>
> ________________________
>
> Daniel Castro
> Networking and Distributed Systems
> Computer Science
> Trinity College Dublin
>
> Mobile: 083-318-2058
> 86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6
> ________________________
>

> Florian Manschwetus wrote:
>>
>> Bill Andrus schrieb:

>>> I just picked up a 250GB 5400RPM Samsung 2.5" from http://www.a2kpc.com
>>> for
>>> under $97 plus local tax, and they ship quickly.  Its running great in my
>>> T60 widebody;  quiet and vibrationless.  FWIW I picked up a Fujitsu
>>> private
>>> label external 300GB 4200RPM USB 2.0 external drive for $90 from
>>> Microcenter on their last sale, I used PowerQuest DriveImage to push my
>>> old
>>> 120GB partitions onto the backup, then installed the 250GB and pulled