[ltp] Replacement disk for a T60

Theodore Tso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:21:51 -0400

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 09:10:31AM -0400, Robert T. West (Tim) wrote:
> Any heat problems with that?
>
> I know some folks have fried SOME notebooks by substituting a 7200 rpm
> drive where the cooling was designed for 5,400 rpm drive. I have no
> clue how that applies to ThinkPads specifically.

All of my T4x, T6x, and X6x laptops have had 7200rpm drives as options
officially supported by IBM/Lenovo, and I am currently using the
latest Seagate Momentus 7200.3 320MB drive with built-in anti-shock
protection (which means you don't have to have a battery-draining
daemon waking up CPU multiple times per second).  I've not had any
problems whatsoever; in fact, I've been quite pleased with the
performance and power draw.

						- Ted