[ltp] too hot T60

Karel Podvolecky linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:31:03 +0200

Hello everybody,
   I have T60 too (model F4G-2007 with upgraded RAM and HDD). And I'm
suffering same temperatures as you do. In the beginning I have CPU
temperatures even higher, than you.
   I was several times in service. I have mainboard replaced 2 times,
CPU replaced 1 time and cooler replaced about 4-5 times. Only one think
get better: CPU. Its temperature went about 10 degrees down. But that
was all.
   Under heavy load I had even 110 degrees on CPU and GPU when I was
encoding video using both cores.

Only two things get these temperatures a little bit lower:
1) open the notebook and blow away all the dust
2) bend a little metal coller that is pressing on GPU chip, so it press more

Hope it helps,

cheers

Karel Podvolecky