[ltp] No LUKS support for T61p in any kernel after 2.6.24-16-generic in Ubuntu

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:47:13 -0400

It seems "something changed" in all kernels after 2.6.24-16-generic in
Ubuntu that causes any LUKS-encrypted drives or partitions on my T61p to
fail to mount..

I've tried taking the same .config that was used to build the working
kernel and apply it to more-recent sources, to no avail. Every option
has been verified to be identical between the working and non-working
kernels, so it is something deeper, I suspect.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround for this, other than removing
all encryption from the drives and partitions?