[ltp] No LUKS support for T61p in any kernel after 2.6.24-16-generic in Ubuntu

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:57:10 +0200

--=-1X+Yf67vFMBlfmE+be5u

Am Mittwoch, den 30.07.2008, 19:47 -0400 schrieb David A. Desrosiers:
> It seems "something changed" in all kernels after 2.6.24-16-generic in
> Ubuntu that causes any LUKS-encrypted drives or partitions on my T61p to
> fail to mount..=20
I vaguely remember that I had to update the initrd/initramfs creation
tool on a OpenSuSE system on a transition from 2.6.23 to 2.6.25, because
the crypto stuff changed. If you are using the same initramfs creator as
debian, you might try to put the following lines
into /etc/initramfs-tools/modules (I have them there, because on some
combination of initramfs-tools and kernel they were needed):

cryptomgr
aes
sha256

Regards,