[ltp] display with backlight off after resume

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:03:05 +0200

Hi.
I use debian unstable on my X40, dist-upgraded yesterday. my DE is gnome.

when I use pm-suspend (even as root), I got the following issue: the
laptop goes in suspend fine. when I resume the system, the LCD remains
with backlight off. this means that I can see barely something (I
manage to find the gnome-terminal and hit reboot) but it's obviously
not usable. I've to reboot the machine.

Some time ago, on debian I used without any issue ' pm-suspend
quirk.s3_bios quirk.s3_mode', as showed by hal.

orangeek@x40:~$ lshal | grep quirk
  power_management.quirk.s3_bios = true  (bool)
  power_management.quirk.s3_mode = true  (bool)

I checked on thinkwiki, but it seems the information there about the
X40 are quite outdated.

does any of you have any suggestion?
thank you
antani