[ltp] display with backlight off after resume

Dmitry E. Mikhailov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 00:46:41 +0600

> thank you for the advice, but unfortunately it doesnt do the trick. :(
> the kernel version is
> 2.6.25-2-686
> on debian unstable, as mentioned earlier.

Besides the kernel parameters addition I got the following mod:

Here's my acpi sleep file. Save it, make it executable and run. If it does the
trick, use it as a sleep action script for acpid.

[root@ibm Network]# cat /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh
#!/bin/bash

#disconnect NM from network
dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager  /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep
/sbin/service dhcdbd stop

#Disable SD card reader
rmmod sdhci

# change to console 1
FGCONSOLE=`fgconsole`
chvt 6

# sync filesystem
sync

# sync hardware clock with system time
hwclock --systohc

#disable USB EHCI
modprobe -r ehci_hcd

#disable LCD screen
vbetool dpms off

# go to sleep
echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state

#enable LCD screen
vbetool dpms on

#enable USB EHCI
modprobe  ehci_hcd

# waking up
# restore system clock
hwclock --hctosys

# change back to X
chvt $FGCONSOLE
#Enable SD Card Reader
modprobe sdhci

#Enable NM
/sbin/service dhcdbd start
dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager  /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.wake

#Resuspend fingerchip
echo "suspend">/sys/bus/usb/devices/4-2/power/level

And are you really sure only the backlight is off, but LCD itself is working?