[ltp] display with backlight off after resume

Dmitry E. Mikhailov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 00:57:17 +0600

> your script ran from the tty: it works!
> your script ran from xorg with compiz (de/)activated: it works!
> using gnome-power-manager to suspend  (that, afaik, uses pm-suspend
> and the hal quirks ) with compiz activated or deactivated: backlight
> off issue.
There's actually one workaround: switch to text console. For some reason it
doesn't resume well to the X's graphic mode.

> Usage: dbus-send [--help] [--system | --session] [--dest=NAME]
> [--type=TYPE] [--print-reply=(literal)] [--reply-timeout=MSEC]
> <destination object path> <message name> [contents ...]
>  ./sleep.sh: line 5: org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep: command not
> found ./sleep.sh: line 6: /sbin/service: No such file or directory
>  ./sleep.sh: line 46: /sbin/service: No such file or directory
> Usage: dbus-send [--help] [--system | --session] [--dest=NAME]
> [--type=TYPE] [--print-reply=(literal)] [--reply-timeout=MSEC]
> <destination object path> <message name> [contents ...]
>  ./sleep.sh: line 48: org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.wake: command not
> found ./sleep.sh: line 51: /sys/bus/usb/devices/4-2/power/level: No such
> file or directory
That's about NetworkManager, a tool to conveniently work with wireless and
wired NIC's. May be you didn't install it. Anyway it does nothing to
sleep/resume.

> Actually I can suspend the laptop with your script... so, thank you!
Use acpid daemon to make the script activated by a Fn+F4 hotkey. I can help if
you'd like.

> Some months ago everything (on debian unstable, same sysstem as now)
> worked perfectly with gnome-power-manager and pm-suspend. What
> happened? I never touched that configuration...
I guess,  sometimes newer software brake good old things. Remove old errors,
add new ones...