[ltp] Ultranav (Alps) on R61 (tap-to-select, scrolling)

Sébastien Mazy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:46:17 +0200

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Daniel Black <erectlocution@gmail.com> wrote:
> It turns out I'm not a great fan of the touchpoint just
> yet, and moreover, despite my initial proclamation years ago as to how du=
mb
> scrollwheels are, I am not enthused at needing to navigate to the right o=
> the browser window to scroll.

With its default settings, the trackpoint is very slow. With
sensitivity and speed at their maximum value, I find it very nice to
use.

> So, I'm inquiring as to whether this thread reflects the state-of-the-art
> for R61(i) ALPS pads.  I hate tap-to-click, but I'm thinking I might like
> the scrolling feature.  Is there some cohesive documentation of this just
> yet?

I agree tap to click is awkward and scrolling with trackpoint is a
must-have feature. Unfortunately, you can't currently use the
trackpoint and the ALPS drivers together, and there are no patch to
fix that. You'll have to make a choice.  As for the documentation, I
might update thinkwiki when my exams will be over.

--
Sébastien Mazy