[ltp] Ultranav (Alps) on R61 (tap-to-select, scrolling)

Sébastien Mazy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:35:39 +0200

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM, Daniel Black <erectlocution@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't need the trackpoint as long as I can get normal mouse behavior mi=
nus
> tap-to-click out of the trackpad.  Maybe I need to clarify an assumption:
> the ALPS driver provides for scrolling using the trackpad, correct?

Yes, you can scroll both vertically and horizontally with the trackpad
(I tried once). Sorry, I confused "tap-to-click" (trackpad) and
"press-to-select" (trackpoint) and I hate "press-to-select". Even if
the trackpad is an ALPS device, it is handled in xorg by the synaptics
driver. Have a look at README.alps in the source archive [1]. It seems
disabling "tap-to-click" can be tricky with some ALPS touchpads,
though I've never tried.

[1] http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/files/

--
Sébastien Mazy