[ltp] Please help me pick out my next thinkpad

Tor Håkon Haugen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:28:35 +0200

I've just got myself a X61.
Hibernate and suspention works fine after I removed the splash screen
from the boot process. Don't know why, but it had a bad habbit of
freezing during resume.

The wireless on the other hand is a differend story. As far as I
understand there is some new drivers under development which aren't as
stable as one might have hoped for. I myself have the Intel Wireless
3945 which work at home, but not at my parents. In Ubuntu Hardy it
uses the iwl3945 module, as the ipw3945 is obsolete. These problems
also affects Intel Wireless 4965 as far as I know.

I never had any problems with my X31 and the ipw2100 driver.

I guess you cannot get a ThinkPad X-series without a Intel Wireless
NIC. But I think and hope that these problems will be fixed shortly.
And I would gladly recommend the X61.

 Tor H. Haugen