[ltp] Please help me pick out my next thinkpad

Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:17:17 +0300

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:08:50AM -0600, Christos Papadopoulos wrote:
> I am in the market for a new thinkpad and need your help.
>=20
> My requirement is a small laptop, so the X-series seems the
> most likely candidate. So what should I order?
> In other words, combination of what graphics card, wireless, etc,
> should I get to ensure the best possible compatibility with
> Linux? I plan to install either Ubuntu or Fedora.

Intel hardware is your best bet for compatibility.  Everything should
work out of the box, with a recent Ubuntu (or Fedora, I assume).

> Wireless and suspend/resume MUST work. Multimedia stuff would
> be nice.

But of course.

Be a bit wary about buying a laptop newer than the most recent release
of your distro, new hardware often requires new drivers update.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Unix for stability;
Macs for productivity;