[ltp] Please help me pick out my next thinkpad

Theodore Tso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:23:30 -0400

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 07:28:35PM +0200, Tor Håkon Haugen wrote:
> The wireless on the other hand is a differend story. As far as I
> understand there is some new drivers under development which aren't as
> stable as one might have hoped for. I myself have the Intel Wireless
> 3945 which work at home, but not at my parents. In Ubuntu Hardy it
> uses the iwl3945 module, as the ipw3945 is obsolete. These problems
> also affects Intel Wireless 4965 as far as I know.

I have an X61s with the 4965, and the iwl4965 works just fine for me.
I think some folks have reported problems with WPA support with the
iwl4965, but in general I rarely have needed WPA/WPA2 support, so I
can't speak to that.

					- Ted