[ltp] Ultranav (Alps) on R61 (tap-to-select, scrolling)

Sébastien Mazy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:46:38 +0200

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Daniel Black <erectlocution@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have followed a variety of guides, and eventually found that synaptics
> can't find the touchpad, so it unloads.  When looking at
> /proc/bus/input/devices, I don't see N: Name="AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint"=
.

It should show as "AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad". I believe
Glidepoint is the name of the ALPS touchpad without passthrough
support. When I last tried, the touchpad worked out of the box with
the xorg.conf input section provided in README.alps

> I had thought that the patch discussed in this thread actually addressed =
this
> specific issue, but maybe I'm wrong.

The patch you're talking about is already in the current kernel. It
adds support for the R61 ALPS touchpad, indeed. Is your kernel up to
date?

--
Sébastien Mazy