[ltp] Please help me pick out my next thinkpad

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:16:58 -0400

Tim Prince wrote:
> Theodore Tso wrote:
>
>> I have an X61s with the 4965, and the iwl4965 works just fine for me.
>> I think some folks have reported problems with WPA support with the
>> iwl4965, but in general I rarely have needed WPA/WPA2 support, so I
>> can't speak to that.
>>
> I have used WPA from the beginning, not that anyone would mooch off a
> typical American sub-megabit connection.
I know of someone who "borrows" his neighbour's internet connection, via
WiFi.  I also recall reading in the news a while ago, about someone
who'd drive around looking for an open WiFi internet connection and use
it to get kiddie porn.  If any illegal activity gets traced back to you,
you could have significant problems.