[ltp] xbacklight = 1?

Arno Trautmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:53:34 +0200

Hi,

I hope, this is the right list for this question and you can give me a
hint; it’s about xbacklight:

I have a X61s, Arch Linux, using xbacklight. When I don’t use the
machine for some minutes, the screen turns black. ok, great so far.
Returning to the keyboard, the screen turns bright, wonderful. But
mostly it is going to brightnes level 100. Good, so I do a

xbacklight = 0

because I’m fine with the remaining brightnes at level 0. But if I enter
this, the screen doesn‘t change at all, but stays bright. If I type a

xbacklight = 1,

it turns to level 1 and is dark. Now I can put it back to 100, and then
putting it to 0 succeeds… this ist quite a strange thing I really would
like to understand. Some kind of bug – but where? xbacklight, hardware
or anything else? It’s not a serious problem, just a bit annoying.

man xbacklight doesn’t tell me something about such a thing…

Thanks,
Arno