[ltp] Problem with cardbus on Thinkpad 600.

Vincent C Jones linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:16:23 -0400

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 17:10 +0200, Henrik Jacobsson wrote:
> * Harry Popov (lz1bb@mail.bg) wrote:
> > I solved the same problem with T600X in this way. Hope
> > this helps.
>
> Installed Xubuntu 8.04 (couldn't figure out how to change
> PCMCIA-kernelmodules IRQ-assignement on my homebrewed
> distro) and included your suggestion in config.opts.  The
> result was that the IRQ changed, but still no success in
> actually communicating with the cardbus-card.. :(  I have no
> clue what to try next..
>
> Tnx..
> /Henrik

I had a similar problem on a 600E a few years back. PCMCIA cards worked
fine, CardBus cards would not get past ID. Finally came to the
realization it was a hardware problem rather than a software issue. No
cardbus cards would work (even though they had in the past on the same
system) and all PCMCIA cards worked fine. You may want to verify that
your problem really is with Linux and not with the 600.

Vince