[ltp] 250GB disk in T43, anyone?

Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:09:01 -0300

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Tino Keitel wrote:
> It works in a T43 so far. However, you get a warning at each power on
> because the BIOS detects a hard disk with an unknown firmware. The T43
> use PATA disks on a SATA port. It is possible that unknown firmware
> cause errors with such a setup, so you get a warning. Google for "error
> 2010" for more details.

Actually, we have found that it is far more the lack of HDAPS and the full
security command set that bothers the BIOS than anything else (IBM patches
those into the firmware of any disks that lack them, often removing
something else to make space for them :p).  Enough people never had any
issues with random disks plugged to that PATA/SATA port, that it looks like
it is safe.

  Henrique Holschuh