[ltp] Problem with cardbus on Thinkpad 600.

Henrik Jacobsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:05:51 +0200

* Vincent C Jones (v.jones@networkingunlimited.com) wrote:
> I had a similar problem on a 600E a few years back. PCMCIA cards worked
> fine, CardBus cards would not get past ID. Finally came to the
> realization it was a hardware problem rather than a software issue. No
> cardbus cards would work (even though they had in the past on the same
> system) and all PCMCIA cards worked fine. You may want to verify that
> your problem really is with Linux and not with the 600.

Thanks for the response.

I'm starting to consider that the same situation might apply to my TP.
I guess it's time to look around for a usb-wifi-solution instead.
The BIOS-tests are all OK.  Is there some kind of diagnostic program
that can test the pcmcia/cardbus-port?  I guess such a software would
need a cardbus-card that is designed for testing/diagnostics.

/Henrik