[ltp] X31: Four cycles of four short beeps and a blank screen

Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:36:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hey *,

I fear I have killed my X31 today :(
It got some water on the left side of the keyboard, so I turned it off,
removed the keyboard and dried it a little. It seemed there was no water
under the keyboard, so I put he keyboard back in and booted. The
trackpoint was dead and the space-bar produced more spaces than needed, so
I turned it off again, and replaced the keyboard with a spare one.
When I powered it on again, I got four beeps, pause, four beeps etc, the
LCD stayed black. I checked the first keyboard, but nothing changed.

Looking in the Hardware Maintainance Manual, I found the following:
Four cycles of four short beeps and a blank screen - System board
(security chip)

Does that mean that my system board is dead, and I need to get a new one,
or is there any chance to get mine running again?

Hope you have some hints for me.

regards
Evgeni