[ltp] scsi vs ata ?

Jon Dowland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 17:17:12 +0100

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 05:01:20PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Not until today, I'm just about to try a git HEAD from yesterday.

It worked!

booted machine with the bay in with a dvd-rom

it was picked up by libata I believe - hard drive was sd* and dvd-rom
was sg*. Temporary diversion to label all my filesystems and correct
/etc/fstab

undock instruction cut off the sg device without spewing death all over
the dmesg

redock picked it up, automounted and started playing the dvd inside

I don't currently have a hard drive for that bay but I am thinking of
picking up an adaptor and a drive and giving it a go.

--
Jon Dowland