[ltp] Using Linux to copy Windows to a new drive

Dan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:32:37 -0400

------=_Part_22207_11843258.1214242357147

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 12:02, Timothy Murphy <tim@gayleard.com> wrote:

> I have a dual boot system on my Thinkpad T43,
> with Windows XP on /dev/sda1 .
> I'm just acquired a 250GB WD disk,
> and I am wondering if there is any Linux tool I can use
> to copy my Windows XP over to the new drive
> (which I can mount in the ultrabay)?
>
> I once used dd to copy a Windows distribution,
> and it didn't work properly.
> Is there anything better for this nowadays?
>
> Nb I don't use Windows much, but would like to keep it if possible.
> --

Checkout Clonezilla, this will suit your needs I believe.
http://www.clonezilla.org/

--
Dan Maranville

------=_Part_22207_11843258.1214242357147

I have a dual boot system on my Thinkpad T43,<br>
with Windows XP on /dev/sda1 .<br>
I&#39;m just acquired a 250GB WD disk,<br>
and I am wondering if there is any Linux tool I can use<br>
to copy my Windows XP over to the new drive<br>
(which I can mount in the ultrabay)?<br>
I once used dd to copy a Windows distribution,<br>
and it didn&#39;t work properly.<br>
Is there anything better for this nowadays?<br>
Nb I don&#39;t use Windows much, but would like to keep it if possible.<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>

------=_Part_22207_11843258.1214242357147--